ACMS History Challenge
We are proud to announce the first annual ACMS History Challenge.
The goal of the history challenge is to engage students in the history of our nation.
Students are to choose one historical event from United States History and compose a two-page essay on the topic.
- The essay must be relevant to United States History.
- The essay must be typed and double spaced.
- The essay must adhere to the APA rules of writing. (English teachers will assist any students needing help)
- The essay cannot contain any form of plagiarism and all sources must be cited. See your English teacher for help.
Examples of Relevant Topics:
The topic chosen must be relevant to United States History. Some examples are listed below:
- The Boston Tea Party
- The Trail of Tears
- The Shootout at the OK Corral
- The Battle of Shiloh
- The Roaring 20’s
- The Great Depression
- The Civil Rights Movement
- The Space Race
- The Rise of Technology
The examples above are not an exhaustive list of topics. They can be used, but other topics can be used as well.
Benefits of Participation:
- Participants who take part will learn the value of history along with strengthening their reading, writing, and research skills.
- Everyone who turns in an essay by the deadline and follows all the guidelines will receive a certificate of participation and a drop grade in the class of their choosing. (Exams Can’t be dropped)
- The overall winner will be selected by the Principal, Assistant Principal and the ACMS history department and will be recognized at the Awards Banquet at the end of the year.
Deadline for Entries:
March 8, 2019
All entries must be turned into the office and can be turned in anytime on or before March 8, 2019.