The Literacy Based Promotion Act (LBPA) was enacted to improve the reading skills of Kindergarten and First through Third Grade students enrolled in the public schools so that every student completing the 3rd grade is able to read at or above grade level.
This report displays the components required under the guidelines of the LBPA, which include the number and percentage of students:
- scoring at each performance level on the state assessment in reading and math
- taking the alternative assessment
- being retained at each grade level Kindergarten through 8th grade
- passing for good-cause exemptions
- any revised district policies for promotion and retention.