Alcorn Career & Technology Center will be partnering with Northeast Mississippi Community College on Thursday, November 29, 2018 to host a FAFSA night for Seniors and parents. Parents and Seniors are welcome to stop by the center from 1-7 PM to get help competing the Federal Application for Student Aid for the upcoming 2019-20 school year.
We will have staff on hand to help complete online applications. In order to complete the application, please bring the following information for both the student and parent/guardian:
• Parent(s) and student’s legal names
• Parent(s) and student’s Social Security numbers
• Parent(s) and student’s dates of birth
• Parent’s driver’s license number
• Email address for student and parent
• Student’s ACT ID number (log into ACT account and find ID number under “Manage My Profile”)
• Info for parents with whom you live: marriage date, divorce date, or separation date
• If you are in a legal guardianship, bring court papers for the guardianship.
• Do not bring information on a grandparent, aunt, or anyone other than a parent unless you have been legally adopted (even if someone else claims you on the federal tax return.)
• W-2 forms and other records of money earned in 2017 (student and parents)
• 2017 Federal Income Tax Return (the 1040 form for student and parents) – If your parents or parent and step-parent file separately, bring copies of both tax returns.
• Value of bank accounts and investments
***Call Mrs. Smothers at 662-286-7727 for more information.***