We are very excited that our campuses have been opened up for summer activities and athletics. Hopefully this is a sign that a return to normalcy is just around the corner. MHSAA is allowing students to return to activities June 1st. However, to ensure the safety of all involved, we will wait until June 8th to open our facilities to students. Our principals, athletic directors, and coaches are working hard to ensure all our facilities are ready for our students' return.
Students participating in athletics will be required to do the following:
- Have parents sign a waiver (may be found on DragonFly)
- Participate in a required 14-day acclimatization period
- Have temperature checked before exiting their vehicle each day
- Be responsible for practicing social distance guidelines as well as helping keep facilities clean/safe
- Use personal workout apparel and gear
- Provide their own water bottle clearly labeled with their name for practices
- Arrive at all practices dressed ready for practice. There will be no access to dressing rooms.
Coaches and directors will be in contact with students about specific times of the workouts. Tryouts will not be held until after the acclimatization period (June 22nd).
Please check misshsaa.com for all the guidelines under the section “COVID-19 Return to Activity Guidelines”. It is the organizing coach’s responsibility to monitor and follow all guidelines. We ask that everyone is safe and follows all requirements and guidelines given. Most importantly, if anyone has symptoms of Covid-19, STAY HOME.
The acclimatization period will be a very critical time for everyone. If all goes well, we will be one step closer to a full return to the activities and sports we have been missing.